This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WellYes2018 #CollectiveBias
It’s the new year and with the new year comes a lot of reflection on the past, and what isn’t working for me to move into the future.
This semester I start student teaching (like tomorrow guys!) and I’m not only really excited and ready to start this but also a little nervous. I’ve been spending the last few years in college studying for this, but now here I am and it’s hitting me that this is the rest of my life! Scary stuff, right?
One thing I spent a lot of time noticing this last semester, and especially the last few months, is that sometimes I let things run me instead of the other way around. I like to be busy and productive, but I have a tendency to be unprepared. I set goals and create a calendar, but when I miss deadlines or due dates I’m surprised! How could I have forgotten that?!
The truth is, I forget because I’m not making sure that I’m in the right state of mind, that I have the things I need before hand, and I am generally unfocused. It’s not something I try to be, but it’s the reality of where I’ve spent the last little while.
So in 2018 I’m going to say Yes! to taking care of my needs to make sure that I can meet my kids needs, my husbands needs, and stay on track to accomplish my goals.
I know, that kind of sounds confusing. I’m going to take care of my needs so I can meet other people’s needs? What?
As mom’s, and women, sometimes we get so caught up in what we need to be doing for other people that we put ourselves on the back burner. For me that’s meant less food that makes me feel good, less exercise, a messier house, and a lot of stress. I end up scatterbrained and worn out.
This year I’m going to focus on making myself a priority and my physical and mental health, too so that I can get what I need done.
I plan to do this in a few ways:
- Eating food that’s not just good, but good for my body: Our bodies require food to fuel us up, right? So why am I eating food that makes me feel like garbage? I need to eat food that fuels me up the right way! This is going to mean a lot more eating at home and a lot less going out to eat.
One way I can do this is by eating more Well Yes!® soups! They’re delicious and are an easy and delicious way to make your body feel good. My favorite soups are the always delicious Sweet Potato Corn Chowder, Black Bean with Red Quinoa Soup, and Classic Chicken Noodle
- Exercising: Going outdoors, working up a sweat, and getting those endorphins flowing has always made me feel good. But the last year I worked out maybe twice? And it didn’t make me feel good. This year I want to dedicate at least an hour a few days a week to a real workout.
- Spending more time on what matters: My family is the priority, but they aren’t always made to feel that way. With school the way it’s been (fast and furious this past semester), I’ve definitely put family time as something that comes after schoolwork. It shouldn’t be that way. This year I’m committing to focusing more on my family when I’m home, and putting down my phone, computer, and turning off the TV.
- Consistently setting a schedule and time limits: It’s fine to watch an episode of Stranger Things on Netflix, but when you’re six episodes deep in a pile on the couch it’s not good for a person. This year I want to make sure that I’m setting and following a schedule that works for me and my family, and not wasting time that I could be using productively.
- Taking breaks when I need them: I’ve always been great at taking breaks, but like I said, sitting on the couch for six hours and binge watching TV is not a good break. I want to find hobbies and activities that I can enjoy doing when I take a break! Plus, we’ve got a Mexico trip coming up this summer that I just can’t wait for!
There’s nothing better than the fresh start that comes with a new year, and in this new year I’ll be saying Yes! to my best self with a little help from Well Yes!® soups. You can enjoy them too..and don’t forget this coupon!
Be sure to enter the Official Sponsor of Yes! Sweepstakes for a chance to win up to a $500 VISA gift card! Who wouldn’t want to win such a great prize!?